Work with Us!
We’re psyched that you want to come work with us. Ice Cream Alley has high standards, and the work can be hard at times, but it’s also a lot of fun and we strive to be a great place to work. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and people from all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply. We don’t hire very often, but drop us a line and we’ll keep your application on file.
About: Ice Cream Alley is a local, independently owned ice cream scoop shop in downtown Greenfield. Operating from April through October, we serve a curated selection of flavors from a variety of high-quality local producers as well as interesting sundaes. We are committed to the local community and strive to treat our workers well, activate downtown Greenfield as a social space, and bring a little magic into our neighbors’ lives.
Title: Scoop Shop Worker
Rate of Pay: $12/hr, plus tips
Benefits: This is an unbenefitted seasonal position.
Purpose: Scoop shop workers provide direct service to customers and keep the shop in a friendly, jovial, and immaculately clean condition at all times.
Reports to: Manager
- Provides a consistent, high-quality customer service experience.
- Produces consistent, properly portioned cones, cups, and sundaes according to standards.
- Manages cash drawer with accuracy and creates deposit envelope at the end of each shift.
- Maintains a meticulously clean environment behind the counter.
- Maintains a clean and comfortable indoor and outdoor area for customers.
- Restocks ice cream and other supplies.
- Carries out one deep-cleaning task per shift.
- Communicates regularly with manager via a web-based platform.
- Occasionally updates website to reflect flavor rotations.
- Some experience in customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to be friendly and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Basic technology skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A high standard for cleanliness.